Created by admin on December 11, 2018
Lower your cholesterol and be kind to your heart with this nourishing Buddha bowl. Served with cholesterol-free oil-free hummus, wholesome veggies and Fry’s Chicken-Style burger, this heart-healthy recipe will leave you satisfied!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Serves: 2
- 2 Fry’s Chicken-Style Burgers
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 c water
- For the Hummus:
- 1 can of chickpeas (keep the water/brine from the can)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 3 -4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Sat and pepper, to taste
- For Serving:
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40 g fresh rocket
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Place the rice in a saucepan with 1 cup water. Prepare the rice according to the package instructions.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with a bit of oil, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes wedges to the Airfryer basket. Be careful not to overcrowd. Cook for 15 minutes at 200°C, or until golden brown, tossing halfway.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, get started on the oil-free hummus. Add the chickpeas, garlic, almond milk, lemon, tahini, chilli powder, cumin and salt and pepper in a food processor. Add extra chickpea water to the mixture if required. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the Chicken-Style Burgers for 8 minutes at 185°C*.
- Serve the Chicken-Style Burgers, rice and hummus with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, rocket, avocado and fresh coriander.
- *Reduce cooking time if the Chicken-Style Burgers have defrosted.