Created by admin on December 11, 2018
Here is a history lesson on Chia & Chai: Chia seeds are an ancient super food used by the Aztecs, Incas and Mayans. Chia means “strength” in the language of the Mayans. Chia seeds were like medicine and were more valuable than gold due to their incredible health and nutritional properties. Chai tea dates back 5,000 years to the courts India when a king concocted a recipe to create a healing drink. Chai tea started being used in the healing tradition of “ayurveda” medicine. So when you bring the 2 together, you get a meal packed with nutrition and healing properties and food with a story to tell!
- Serves: 4
- 2 Chai & Vanilla teabags
- 2 1/2 c Coconut Milk/Oat Milk
- 3 tbsp. Rice Malt Syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 c Chia Seeds (black or white)
- Raw pistachios and Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Optional: Coconut Yoghurt
- Simmer the teabags in the coconut milk for approx 2-3 min.
- Add the rice malt syrup and stir until dispersed.
- Remove the teabag.
- Add the chia seeds and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for approx 30min or until chia is cool and has fully absorbed the liquid. If you find you need to add liquid, you can top up your chia bowl with more milk.
- To serve – divide between 4 glasses or bowls, top with pomegranate seeds and raw pistachios.