Created by admin on December 11, 2018
Say hello to a heart-healthy take on an old favourite. These airfried mushrooms, topped with Fry’s Slicing Polony/Sausage and melted vegan cheese, are officially our new go-to pizza recipe. Don't forget your greens - Serve with a salad!
- Prep Time: 8m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Serves: 2
- 4 slices Fry’s Polony/Slicing Sausage, thawed, sliced 1cm thick, and diced into cubes
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, cleaned and scooped
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 -4 tbsp vegan cheese, shredded (or use vegan mayonnaise)
- 4 tbsp. tomato puree
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A pinch or two of dried Italian seasoning
- Brush the olive oil on both sides of the mushrooms (optional), then season the inside of the mushrooms with salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the mushrooms and top with vegan cheese (if using) and diced bell pepper.
- Place the mushrooms into the cooking basket and slide into the airfryer and cook at 185°C.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the cooking basket from the airfryer and place the Slicing Sausage/Polony on top of the portabella mushroom pizzas.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes at the same temperature.
- Top with vegan cheese or vegan mayonnaise.
- Serve with a crisp salad and lots of fresh veggies!