Created by admin on December 12, 2018
This is SATAY-sfaction! Throw a peanut butter satay sauce over of Chicken-Style Strips from Fry’s and airfry, grill or bake then for a party starter sensation.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 4
- ½ box Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips
- Sliced scallions (or green onions), crushed peanuts and fresh coriander, for garnish
- Plant-based milk or water, as needed
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 4 tbsp. peanut butter
- For the Peanut Satay:
- Skewers, for serving
- For the peanut satay, combine the peanut butter, cumin powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, ginger powder, turmeric and sugar in a bowl. Stir all ingredients together. Add a little bit of plant-based milk or water to thin out the mixture as needed.
- In the Airfryer, air fry the Chicken-Style Strips for 6 minutes at 185°C*.
- Combine Chicken-Style Strips and sauce in a dish, ensuring the strips are covered with by the sauce. For best results, marinade for an hour (or overnight) in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Thread the Chicken-Style Strips onto skewers. Add the Chicken-Style Strips to the Airfryer and air fry for 2-3 minutes to reheat.
- Sprinkle the skewers with fresh scallions, crushed peanuts and coriander, and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.