Created by admin on December 12, 2018
A much-loved local South African meal with a plant-based twist!
- Cook Time: 25m
- Serves: 4
- 1 box Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips, defrosted
- Mixed vegetables
- 2 c rice
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1 tomato
- Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. masala
- Yellow food colouring, mixed with a little water
- 2 green chillies
- Braise onion and tomatoes in oil. Add curry leaves, mint, some thyme and masala. After a few minutes, add the mixed vegetables and Fry’s Chicken Style Strips. Simmer until cooked through.
- Steam the rice and strain it. Add it to the curry but do not mix in. Flatten it over and around the curry. Dig into each side with a fork and add the yellow food colouring and a little margarine. Place in a medium heat oven for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix curry and rice until it is a nice yellow colour. Serve with a salad.