Created by admin on December 12, 2018
It’s a hug in a mug. Thank us later. This vegan dessert recipe was created by Francesca Eats Roses, one of our MFM supporters.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1m
- Serves: 1
- 3 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp. Wazoogles Chocolate Moondust Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp. homemade date paste (see steps below)
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 3 tbsp. soy milk
- To make the date paste:
- Soak 5 medjool dates in hot water for 5 minutes. Remove some of the water and then mash with a fork until the dates smooth out in a paste-like consistency.
- Then continue with the vegan mug cake:
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir together.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and everything mix together.
- Transfer to a large mug or into two small mugs. Finally, top with more almond butter, date paste and a piece of dark chocolate (optional but highly recommended!).
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute. If it hasn’t risen enough, put in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Serve hot!