Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Quinoa for breakfast? We turn our favourite seed (not grain!) into a sweet morning bowl of plant-based goodness! Recipe created by Tammy Fry, one of our MFM supporters.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Serves: 1
- 1 pear, grated
- 1 c quinoa flakes
- 3/4 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c apple juice (make your own if you can)
- 1 tbsp. pepita seeds
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 fig
- 1 tbsp. deshelled raw pistachios
- Pomegranate seeds
- Combine pear, quinoa, coconut milk and juice in a bowl.
- Toast the seeds and coconut in a pan with a little coconut oil.
- Add the toasted seeds and coconut to the muesli.
- Serve with sliced fig, pistachios and fresh pomegranate seeds.
- You can also make the night or the week before and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For benefits on Quinoa, see