Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Hearty and full of flavour, this comforting, veg and coconut curry is perfect on those cold nights.
- Cook Time: 35m
- Serves: 4
- 2 vegan sausages of choice
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin (jeera) seeds
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. garam masala
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, minced
- 1 c red lentils, soaked
- 1 c yellow moong dal, soaked
- 420 g can tomato puree
- 400 mL can coconut milk
- 3 courgette, 2 grated & 1 finely sliced
- 2 carrots, 1 grated, 1 finely sliced
- Bunch of spinach, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. B-Well Mayonnaise
- Coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot, add onion, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala and garlic. Fry until onion is golden brown and add water if necessary to prevent burning. Add drained lentils, stir and add tomato puree and coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes and add courgette, carrots and spinach. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally and add water if necessary to prevent burning.
- In a frying pan, fry the sausages following instructions on pack, drain and cool. Slice sausages diagonally, 2cm in width. Add sausages to lentils and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mayo and coriander.