Created by admin on December 12, 2018
This simple vegetarian recipe is perfect for school lunch boxes or for those who are on the go.
- Cook Time: 25m
- Serves: 4
- 1 box Fry’s Chicken-Style Nuggets
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp. tomato relish, chutney or another favourite pickle
- 4 tbsp. grated vegan cheese
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 4 tsp. finely chopped red or green chilli (or use jalapeno chilli from a jar)
- 1 large lime, cut in half
- 4 tbsp. vegan sour cream (optional)
- Prepare the Nuggets using on-pack instructions, set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of oil and, when hot, place a tortilla into the pan. Next spread a tablespoon of relish on top, then scatter with a handful of Nuggets, a tablespoon of vegan cheese and a sprinkling of spring onion, chilli and lime juice.
- Dot with three teaspoons of sour cream (optional) and place another tortilla on top. By this time the bottom tortilla should be golden, flip it over in the pan, and cook for a further few minutes or until the underside is also golden.
- Slide the quesadilla on to a board, cut it into wedges and devour with napkins to hand before cooking the next one.