Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Our MFM supporter, Tammy Fry, whipped up these deliciously addictive plant-based brownies on Father’s Day and it was a hit! Trust us.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Serves: 12
- 150 mL Coconut Cream
- 4 tbsp. Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp. Rice Malt Syrup
- 4 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Fine Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 c caster sugar
- 1/2 c raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c Soy Milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 200 mL Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a square baking tray with baking paper
- To make the Salted Caramel: Heat the coconut cream in a pan. In a separate pan, add the sugar and equal part of water (i.e. 4tbps sugar to 4tbsp water). Over low heat, swirl the sugar until it starts turning a golden colour. Then add the cream. Mix together the syrup, peanut butter and salt. Whisk into the cream. Mixture will turn a rich caramel colour.
- To make the brownies: Make your flax eggs and set aside (For each egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir well). Mix together all the dry ingredients. I a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients. Beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour the Brownie mixture into the prepared tray.
- Pour the Caramel mixture over the top.
- Use knife to drag the caramel mixture to create a swirl.
- Bake for 35-40 min.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve with a dusting of icing sugar. Delicious warm or cool.