Created by admin on December 11, 2018
An amazing boerie roll to drool over, topped with an Asian chakalaka for a real twist. This is the perfect recipe for a great summer party.
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Serves: 4
- 1 box Fry’s Braai-Style Sausages
- 4 pretzel rolls
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tin baked beans
- ½ small red cabbage
- 1 red chill, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped =
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, ends trimmed and grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 packet Watercress
- Drizzle a little oil into a heated frying pan and fry the onions, carrot and peppers. Once softened, add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chill. Fry for 1 minute then add the cabbage. After another minute, add the baked beans, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice and allow to combine over the heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand.
- Brush the Braai Sausages with olive oil and braai over hot coals until golden brown.
- Slice the rolls, brush with olive oil and toast over the coals.
- Place a Braai Sausage on a bed of watercress on one half of a toasted roll, cover with a generous portion of chakalaka and then top with the other half of the roll. Repeat with the rest of the Braai Sausages and rolls.