Created by admin on December 11, 2018
Simply satisfying. Simply balanced. Simply delicious.
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 1
- 70 g tempeh
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. liquid amino acids (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 - 2 tbsp water
- Slice your tempeh lengthways and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix the ingredients for marinade until it reaches a smooth consistency. Add a bit of water to thin it out.
- Pour the marinade over the tempeh and place in airtight container in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours).
- When you are ready to cook your tempeh, turn on the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.*
- Place the tempeh slices on a tray that has been lined with tin foil or baking paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minute. Then turn them over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Leftover tempeh (if you have any will last for 2-3 days).
- Mix together tahini, water and lemon juice for a quick side dip
- Lemon juice, squeezed
- * Frying the tempeh with a bit of coconut oil is also a delicious alternative to cooking it!