Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Baked with vanilla protein powder and warm fruit, it goes perfectly with creamy cashew cream. It’s heart healthy, low in cholesterol, with just the right amount of sweetness!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 1
- 3 tbsp. Vanilla protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 c raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 c frozen blueberries
- 1 c apples, diced
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- To prepare the cashew cream, drain the water from the soaked cashews.
- In a blender, add the soaked cashews, water, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Adjust to suit your taste buds and desired consistency.
- Transfer to a sealed container in the fridge, and chill for a few hours to thicken.
- Mix the protein powder, maple syrup, desiccated coconut, coconut flakes, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. The texture should be fine and slightly crumbly.
- In a small ramekin, place the diced apple and frozen blueberries in the Airfryer. Pour the fruit crumble mixture mixture over the fruit.
- Bake at 185°C for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Deconstructed Apple and Blueberry Pie with fresh mint and cashew cream.