Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Get loaded on veggies and enjoy this easy meat-free, chicken-style lunch wrap, created by Francesca Eats Roses, one our MFM supporters.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Serves: 4
- 1 box Fry's Chicken-Style Strips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 190 g hummus (I used this brand)
- 4 rotis (or wraps)
- 3 - 5 tbsp of favourite hot sauce (I used a local fave, Nandos Peri Peri Hot)
- 1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- A few handfuls of baby spinach
- In a pan, on the stove, sauté the Chicken-Style Strips, sliced mushrooms, sliced onions in some water and the desired amount of hot sauce. I dare you to take the plunge and add some extra heat than you normally would.
- Stir a few times, and cook until the Strips are soft and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Take out your rotis or wraps and spread a generous amount of hummus. Maybe even toast your wraps.
- Top with the Strips & veggie mixture, slices of bell peppers and avocado, a sprinkle of chickpeas, and a handful of spinach.
- Try fold it up or let it mess everywhere.