Created by admin on December 12, 2018
How about kicking it up a notch with this salad jar idea? Layer it up with veggies, Falafels and Butternut Balls for have the brightest, tastiest lunch at school or work.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 2
- 3 Fry’s Chickpea and Roasted Butternut Balls (frozen)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 150 mL oil mix (grapeseed oil, avocado oil, olive oil and coconut oil)
- 1 tsp. xylitol
- 1 heaped tsp mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 20 mL white balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaped tbsp of cooked chickpeas (from a tin works well)
- For the Vegan Mayonnaise Dressing:
- 2 Peppadews®, finely sliced
- 100 mL corn, blanched
- 100 mL peas, blanched
- 20 g baby rocket leaves
- 20 g baby butter lettuce
- 3 Fry’s Chickpea and Quinoa Falafels (frozen)
- Add half an avocado (if serving all the mayonnaise within an hour or two)
- In the Airyer basket place the Butternut Balls and the Falafels, side by side, with a bit of room in between each ball. Air fry, for 10 minutes at 180°C, or until crispy on the outside and the Butternut Balls have become golden. If you don’t have an Airfryer, simply cook according to the packaging instructions.
- To make vegan mayonnaise, add the chickpeas, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, xylitol and seasoning into the jug of a hand held blender. Add avocado, if using. Blitz until thick and creamy. With the head of the blender still in the jug, start pouring the oil in while lifting it up and down until the oil emulsifies with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Layer the salad ingredients in a glass jar. Layer with the lettuce first, then the corn, followed by the peas, then the Butternut Balls and the Falafels, and finally ending with the Peppadews®.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of the vegan mayonnaise or salad dressing of choice.