Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Hearty and full of flavour, this comforting, veg and coconut curry is perfect on those cold nights.
- Cook Time: 35m
- Serves: 4
- 2 vegan sausages of choice
- 1 tbsp. B-Well Mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bunch of spinach, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, 1 grated, 1 finely sliced
- 3 courgette, 2 grated & 1 finely sliced
- 400 mL can coconut milk
- 420 g can tomato puree
- 1 c yellow moong dal, soaked
- 1 c red lentils, soaked
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot, add onion, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala and garlic. Fry until onion is golden brown and add water if necessary to prevent burning. Add drained lentils, stir and add tomato puree and coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes and add courgette, carrots and spinach. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally and add water if necessary to prevent burning.
- In a frying pan, fry the sausages following instructions on pack, drain and cool. Slice sausages diagonally, 2cm in width. Add sausages to lentils and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mayo and coriander.