Created by admin on December 12, 2018
Super comforting, balancing and nutritious. It is the plant-based breakfast of champions! This morning meal recipe was created by Francesca Eats Roses, one of our MFM supporters.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Serves: 1
- 1/2 c oats (I used quick cooking oats - because I was in a rush (haha the irony of it all!) but feel free to use whatever you wish)
- 1/8 tsp. each cardamom and nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 small, whole, baked sweet potato, mashed with a fork
- 3/4 c non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
- 1/4 c water
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husk (optional)
- Bring the water, milk and oats to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring to a simmer and add your spices (cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom and nutmeg), vanilla extract, chia seeds and psyllium husk . Stir for a few minutes.
- Add the mashed banana, sweet potato, tahini and ginger. Stir together and cook until the oats are soft.
- Climb into bed, get under the covers, give yourself a hug and eat while warm with a turmeric latte on the side.